2 Jun 2011

SCM Changeable Type & An easy mystery

This came with my SCM Smith-Corona Galaxie Twelve that I'm going to say is mid to late 70s, because it's definitely newer than my Classic 12 that I gave to my sister, it has newer-style changeable type keys and a couple more parts plastic instead of metal. Still, I prefer it to the Classic 12!


Play the guessing game, I'm making it too easy by providing such a generous swath of the typewriter! I'll be doing the next typecast with it, just got it all cleaned up in the bathtub. So what is it?

I'm done with the non-typecast posts for now, sick of typing in descriptions on my computer. I miss being able to say 'Typed on xxxxx' at the bottom of each post. I miss my coloured paper...

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice scan of the SCM Changable Type list. Hey look - it has the Interrobang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to find one of the kits even online. It's exasperating.
    Hey send in the order form and see if anything comes back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy slotted segment! They offered emoticons for your typewriter (#73)!

    Is the mystery a Torpedo, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok-not an Underwood Quiet Tab. Is it a Remington?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ted

    That's the combined question mark/exclamation point isn't it? I thought it was cool myself.

    @notagain

    I'm afraid the chart is too valuble to me fore that! You have to circle what you want so I couldn't keep the chart. D:

    @Richard P

    So much for coming with the advent of common internet usage!


    @ all

    Not a Torpedo, not an Underwood, not a Remington!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I covet a couple of these so much...#24 and #80 in particular. I fear I shall never find them!

    ReplyDelete