14 Apr 2014

Refurbishing a Klein-Urania case base







Hard to believe that beautiful base used to look like this:



It costs a mere $7 for a roll in store, and I used about 50 cents worth for this project.

Sent from my Klein-Urania

PS — To the stamp-keen, the order is going through today and you should expect to receive your individual orders in about 2 weeks! I am currently working on finishing up the second set of stamps, the typewriter images, and will add them to the catalog and open ordering for them after I send out all of the first batch of orders. 

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant!

    Can't wait to get my stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a damn good job you've done there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very nice indeed - really makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The old cloth and paper coverings can be a nightmare. I think they used animal glue which gets really hard and brittle and not at all easy to sand flat once the old covering is gone. Your newly outfitted plank looks excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty frustrating to get through some of the glue. I was lucky that about 3/4ths of it was just waiting to be peeled off.

      Delete
  5. Brilliant. I have a few bases that need the same make-over. Looking forward to my stamps too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks brilliant! Thanks for pointing towards the leatherette paper, new options for fixing and restoring cases :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's quite a perfect solution, definitely not good for recovering a case unless if the original covering is really terrible. Good for drastic action though!

      Delete
  7. Still like that Klein-Urania A LOT! You did a nice job there.

    ReplyDelete