19 Aug 2013

Fraternal (Torpedo 18) Twins

1961 Torpedo 18b 1238654

1962 Torpedo 18a 1249029













Okay, okay. They're not twins. Not even fraternal twins. But I wanted to play on the title of this post about my other two Torpedoes. I've actually been living and doing things lately, hence why my posts are no longer uploaded at a manic pace! Though I feel like I'm getting a little out of practice on these double typewriter feature posts. Forgot to mention--I have the cream + brown Torpedo a soapy bath which seemed to help it a little, but not much. I also had to adjust the left margin and the margin release.

Typed with my two new Torpedo 18s.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. What a score!

    Your concluding paragraph reminded me of some truths at an apt moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last paragraph definitely challenges some aspects of our culture, which has promoted gross ambivalence for so many years. I think we all need to be reminded of it, myself included. I am equally guilty of trying to do far too much in one day, though!

      I'm very glad that it did. :) Awkwardly worded in some points due to it essentially being a rough draft, it still works.

      Delete