28 Jul 2013

Revelation of Perfektion

1956 Triumph De Jur Perfekt 1231026















Not only am I not in the habit of spending $80 on a typewriter, I don't think I'd ever done it before. But it was worth every single one of those four twenties. So much for 8 photos. I went for 12. I think everybody deserved them, too. And if you haven't noticed, I am very fond of pinning years down on typewriters that aren't exact or verified. This is because I like to have a year rather than 195X, and if I'm off a bit it then oh well. It doesn't really matter that much.

There is absolutely no consensus on how we ought to officially label these as. I've seen Triumph DeJUR, Triumph De Jur, Triumph-DeJur, Triumph De JUR, and Triumph De-Jur. Notice how the badge on the back of the typewriter, and the brush and cleaning cloth do not say DeJUR on them.

Machines of Loving Grace (scroll down for the De Jur)

Perfectly printed and packaged by my new Triumph De Jur Perfekt

8 comments:

  1. Great. I'd just decided yesterday not to keep an eye out for Triumph Perfekts any longer because they are rare and expensive (one currently on eBay for $280!). Now, after reading this post, they are back on my list.
    Thanks! I think.
    Beautiful machine. Congrats and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know what you might find outside of the inflated world of eBay! In fact, now that I think about it, I've found most of my typewriters of this sort of class at yard sales and various local shops. (Torpedo 18, Imperial De Luxe 5, and this one come to mind)

      You're welcome. :P

      Delete
  2. 80 bucks well spent! A gorgeous pistachio TDJ and good conversation to boot. Thanks for sharing.

    The next variation of the Perfekt body, I think, is the very bulbous metal body. (One appears prominently in "Populaire.") I'm almost certain that it's carriage-shifted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another good food comparison could be mint with white, milk, and dark chocolate. (Although I think you probably weren't thinking of food when you said pistachio!)

      Uhhhh. I'm going to have to get one and find out for myself. :D

      Delete
  3. Light tent sounds fun but you can fill quite a lot of shadows while still retaining soft, directional modelling using your weak daylight along with white card with/without tinfoil. That's a two handed job so another good reason to get a tripod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That machine has some great style. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking at the pictures is just making me sigh in contentment.
    Can you hear it?
    :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I think I'm going to have to pound something out in your honour. :p

      (Getting these delayed comments from you is quite nice. Gives me something to do and reminds me I need to feature a few typewriters still!)

      Delete