14 Dec 2014

2015 typewriter calendar (pre-order)


After comparing options, I decided to go with Lulu for the typewriter calendar. Although I would have preferred to design the calendar pages from scratch, as this did not allow for captions, that would have taken more time than I have and the end result would have been more expensive.

The calendar is 8.5" x 11" with full-color 100# pages and coil binding. A sample month is below.



Here's a collage of all the typewriters in the calendar. Again, due to the time constraints, I decided to go with a simple photoshoot using the same background I use for most of my photos. A little more variety in background would have taken more planning than I have time for. (perhaps next year!)


The total cost of the calendar is $20, including shipping to the United States. (International shipping will vary and I'll adjust the cost accordingly)

If you would like a calendar with the week starting on Monday instead of Sunday, just let me know because this can be arranged.

To pre-order, simply email me at schreibstang at gmail dot com with "2015 typewriter calendar" in the header, and in the body, your shipping address and paypal account email. I'll then send you an invoice which then must be paid for by the night of 24 December, the final day to pre-order. On the 26th, I will place the order with Lulu. If all goes to plan, I should have the calendars out in the mail the first week of January.

*I am distributing the calendars this way, rather than through Lulu's sales site,
because this way you don't need to create a Lulu account just to buy the calendar.

8 comments:

  1. Do you mean gmail? google bounces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yeah I do mean gmail! It's been fixed, try the corrected address.

      Delete
  2. If you get a few copies in hand, take them to the Nearsighted Narwhal and they will be thrilled to sell them. They are very enthusiastic about local publications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning to buy a couple extra, that sounds like a good idea!

      Delete
  3. Very nice! Unfortunately I have no need for a calendar, but these pics are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all,
    I'm here to inform you, I made a software that "emulates" old typewriters.
    Want to see ? Go https://github.com/imatmati/TypeWriter. It runs with Qt.
    If you want information leave a comment here, I'll read it.
    I'm so glad I was able to do that for free for people how enjoys "real" things.

    ReplyDelete